First off, the updater network has now reached over 120+ mods!
Work has commenced on the Updater 2.4 Milestone.
I would already like to report on some exciting improvements, currently already available for testing through auto-self-update:
- Many small bugfixes and improvements
- Small UI simplifications and improvements
- New vector-based Icon-set up for evaluation. (By Paragraphic l)
- Local Mods datagrid removed and moved to Edit Tools -> Preset
- Presets and Game profiles datagrids hidden unless advanced mode enabled
- Hide CustomRepos tab if no CustomRepos loaded
- Extra RibbonTab removed, replaced by right-click contextmenu entries on Mods and Presets.
- Show mod status on the Mods datagrid, based on currently selected Preset.
- Small UI performance improvements
- Major UI rendering performance improvements
- Small Update performance improvements
- Setup is now an MSI Installer, with prerequisites check and installation on demand (.NET 4 Client Profile etc). Remove old version before installing.
- Shortcuts will be created under: Six Projects\Six Updater
- Software is by default installed to: Program Files (x86)\Six Projects\Six Updater
- Might have to re-apply firewall exceptions: Firewall, ports and security/antivirus
- New Option: AutoProcessModApps (e.g jayarmalib's dsound.dll)
- Aborting updater now kills all child-processes correctly
- At zSync transfer failure retry once before switching to another mirror
- Preset and Profile names can now be edited at Edit Tools.
- Ask for server password when trying to join a server that requires a password but has none set.
- If mods are going to be converted, the user is asked for confirmation.
- Sync Servers now only happens every hour instead of every 20 minutes.
- Default action has changed to: Convert, Install, Join (which turns into startgame if no server included)
- Partially transfered files are now kept for resume.
- Added: Find servers with Mod. (Right click context menu option)
- Fixed: Failed to process startup parameters should stop processing
- Fixed sub-foldered local mods
- Fixed: Crash upon launching the application too quickly after closing, or after starting.
- Fixed: Convert action fails when PackPath is on another harddrive.
- Internationalization and Localization support
- Preliminary Russian and German translations available
- Realtime language switching supported
- Added: Find servers with Mod action.
- Added: Create desktop icon to Preset, +execute or +execute and shutdown.
- Run Updater button now transforms into most recent ran action
- Multi-Threaded download processing now includes %, Speed and ETA
- Fixed: CustomRepos mods should be case insensitive.
- Fixed: Special characters in username/passwords
- Added: MultiHost push.
- Improved URL handling
Work will continue coming days, first two beta's are already available, release candidates soon.