After about a month of hard work, the Updater 2.4 Milestone has reached release candidate status!
Special thanks goes out to ViperMaul from 21CW/ATOW, Jaynus from UnitedOperations/ACRE, and Rexehuk from Havoc Company, and their community members, for their continued support and feedback.
Please see the updated SU 2.4 Image album.
Download at Six Updater+Download.
See Six Updater+Community for access information to community custom repositories and servers.
New and improved features in 2.4
- Cleaned up Updater Actions
- Removed deprecated actions
- Renamed Reset to "Verify and Repair"
- Moved zSync transfer logs to appdata\six-zsync\logs.
- Opening logfiles now falls back to opening in Notepad if no editor is setup for the filetype
- Updated UI icons (thanks to ParaGraphic L)
- Implemented the Server Browser "Clear" search fields button.
- Implemented process responding and output monitoring - Auto killing stale rSync/zSync child processes.
- Mod names are now greyed out if they are found in the currently active preset
- All confirm / enter info dialogs are now modal dialogs, and will always appear in front of the main window
- Local Mods is now multi-select listbox
- CustomRepos Mods are now sorted on downcased name
- Prepared Player Profile selection for use with tools like ACE Clippi etc.
- UI elements now show red background if there's a problem, or e.g synchronization hasn't occured in a while.
- Fixed ArmA2 original detected as v1.9 vs server v1.09 notation
- Fixed Updating a mod that has just been converted (within the same session)
- Fixed Mod Dependency load order
- Added Additional context menu entries on tabItems.
- Added DataGrid records count to tabItems
- Added Download mirrors for SU Setup.
- Added Support for GUID's per mod repository.
- Added Support for Mod WD Size (size of actual unpacked mod files)
- Improved recent presets and urls lists in the Application Menu and Windows 7 Taskbar.
- Improved handling of broken CustomRepos configuration
- Improved Mods datagrid status performance
- Improved Self Updater
- Progress bars denoting overall and current progress
- Status and progress report for each download
- The Self Updater tool is now also updated on exec update (after first time running the GUI after update)
- Improved Performance
- Added detected game editions cache
- Added game versions cache
- CheckAddons only runs at startup and execute
- CheckSignatures only runs at execute
- Removed auto syncing gamespy servers at startup
- Removed debug string interpolation when debug mode is disabled
- Reduced memory foot print
- More performance improvements planned for future versions
- Full ACRE support
- Copy acre_win32 and win64 plugin dll's to the TS3 Plugins folder
- Copy dsound.dll to the proper game exe location (game folder or beta folder)
- The user is asked to confirm processing of these dll's, while they can be surpressed by enabling the AutoProcessModApps option.
- The user is warned if TeamSpeak was detected running.
- The user is warned if an old version of TeamSpeak was found.
- Global ServerModsPath can now be overriden in config.yml. The user still has ultimate control by overriding it on a server.
- Fixed FTP Upload file permissions
- Improved RepoBuilder sub-foldered mods support
- Improved rSync upload of sub-foldered mods
- Added support for updated_version info per mod
Once it is released as stable, work will commence on the next milestones.
For a sneak peek on v2.5 features incl UI-based Updater Progress, check out the SU 2.5 Image album.