After nearly a month of hard work, the Updater 2.3 Milestone has reached release candidate status!
Special thanks goes out to ArmaTec from CityLife and Mikhail from PA, and their community members, for their continued support and feedback.
Please see the updated SU 2.3 Image album.
Download at Six Updater+Download.
See Six Updater+Community for access information to community custom repositories and servers.
New and improved features in 2.3
- Internal cleanups, fixes and improvements
- Fixed fetch gamespy server info - when info exceeded 1400 bytes.
- Fixed autoshutdown
- Improved Application Menu (blue button left up)
- Improved About dialog, incl links to Six Updater information
- Added ability to hide mods
- Added additional mod information fields: cpp_name, full_name and description
- Added Server MOTD text field below the TreeView - will display MOTD set by server admin in custom repo server configuration
- Added Help button and F1 keypress handler
- Added Timeout for http downloads, preventing (indefinite) lockups upon unable to connect etc
- Default order for Server Browser is now favorite DESC, numplayers DESC, name ASC, and ignores case.
- Homepage is now cleaner and more neutral
- Reduced button clutter, relying more on right-click menu, or single/double click
- Replaced some textBoxes with TextBlocks
- Recent lists (in application menu and win7 jumplist) are now stored persistently
- New game version info is now fetched from the updater portal
- Warn about (new) beta available for your game version
- Server Monitor - Keep track of your favorite server's status, players incl stats, all within a convienent monitor window
- Fixed spaces in FTP push path
- Push CustomRepo and Preset now first ask for confirmation
- CustomRepos can now specify max_threads
Once it is released as stable, work will commence on the next milestones.
Several new features and improvements are planned for the coming milestones, while full usability and UI overhaul is scheduled for 2.5.